Well, snot is dripping and the germs are flying everywhere with all the coughing that's going on around here. My girls have a serious cold. It better go away soon! We're running out of tissues, again.
H is really good at both crawling and cruising by now and she has even been taking a couple of steps on her own here and there. But I missed her first steps. She was standing by the coffee table and E called her name and she took 2 steps towards her. Hubby told me. I didn't want to miss that. I don't want to miss any firsts. But I'm glad C got to see it. He misses some firsts since he's the breadwinner around here. Still, couldn't she have waited until I was done in the bathroom? (Sorry, was that TMI? Oh well, I know you go there too.)
H has a new favorite game. She plays "tittut" with us. That's Swedish for peekaboo. There's your language lesson for today. I'm sure you'll find it useful someday. She grabs the blanket (or pants if she's getting her diaper changed), pulls it over her face, waits for me to ask "var är H?" (no I'm not translating it, one lesson is enough) and then she pulls it off and smiles when we say tittut. Sometimes it even sound like she's saying tittut. That would be a funny first word. Although she babbles mamamamamamama sometimes too.
On to E... We have struggled for the past 2 years now. You know, with the terrible two's and the wretched three's. And then the other day, about a week ago I could see in her face how she was focusing on trying to do the right thing and instead of arguing she turned to me and said, ok mamma, and did what I asked her to do. The rest of the day was like that and I was so proud of her. But normally after a good day follows a day of struggles. I'm pleased to report that we've had a great week! Could it be that she's getting closer to be four? Is that promise really true, that it gets better by the time they turn four? I've been clinging to it and it seems to be true. Sure, we still have some arguing, defiance etc going on here and there, but I did not ask for her to turn into a door mat so I don't mind seeing that strong will of hers now and then.
I also have a couple of "she said" things that need to be told but they'll have to wait because I have to peeeee. Yep, there's that potty talk again. I'm not apologizing this time. No time. Really have to go!!!!!
i'm so sorry your little ones are not feeling well! i pray that they get well soon!
ReplyDeletethanks for sharing their "growings" on with us :)