It's hard to take time to blog. I'd rather just hang out with my family and friends than sit here by the laptop, but I have a few minutes to myself right now before my brother shows up so I thought I'd update you all.
The flight wet well. E was a bit cranky around bedtime b/c she couldn't get comfortable, but eventually she crashed. I was just about to fall asleep when the lghts went on and it was time for breakfast. Oh, well.
We spent a week and a half hanging out with my dad and his family. We went to playgrounds, to the zoo, to a playland, we went out on a boat trip, E went horseback riding, we went to a fair, we went to an old castle to have "fika". America needs fika! I got to see my grandmother. She got old!
E and I went to my old church where she decided in the middle of service to get up and play the piano. Fun stuff! It was nice to see my old churchpeeps again though. Even if I think the church has gone backwards in a few areas. Or maybe I have taken a few steps forward. I don't know.
We are at my mom's now. We are going on a moose safari tomorrow and to an indoor swimplace Wednesday. Believe me I'm glad it's indoors. Fall is definitely here! We're also planning a train trip, a children's museum and more playgrounds.
We are having a great time, but here are a few not so great things... E's legs are covered in bruises and she has a scrape on her forehead from running down a steep ramp (ramps should be longer than the stairs, my opinion) and her legs couldn't keep up so she fell hands and face forward into the concrete. She had calmed down before I got the neo to go out of my purse and wanted to go back to playing again. She's a tough kid. (She went down the reallllllllllllllly long slide at the play land all by herself over and over again.) Another thing that happened was after we were done boating was that she summersaulted of the dock. I don't know who was more scared, me or her. But she came up right next to the dock and I was able to just reach in and pull her out. We were able to tell the fire department that we borrowed the lifevest from that it worked really well.
Well, my brother just showed up so I'm gonna chat with him now. Just one more thing to say... dinner for tonight is kebabpizza! YUM!!!
It's so good to hear from you! I'm glad you're having a great trip. Sorry to hear about E's boo-boos, but she does sound like a tough cookie. :) Enjoy every moment!!
ReplyDeletei cant wait to see pics!
ReplyDeletetell us what kebab pizza is and what is fica!
when are you coming home?
hows your belly?
found any names yet?
can you bring me a chocolate bar? LOLOLOLOL.
have fun!!!!!!!!!!