I just put E down for an early nap and my mom is resting too so I have a few minutes to write about yesterday. We went to IKEA and E loved playing in the children's department. She tried all the toddler beds and then she found a bunch of stuffed animals to tuck in. She put out little plates and silverware on all the tables and we sat down to "eat". There was a slide too where she met a 4 year oldgirl. The girl informed us that she could speak English. We told her that E could too. She replied that she could speak better English than E. =) She didn't want to prove it though and looked quite shocked when E started speaking since most of her words are actually English. Qiute a funny moment.
Btw, does anybody know how we can get an IKEA to the capital region? I think they would do great there. The only bad thing is that I would probably spend way too much money there. But seriously, I think we should get one!
We spent yesterday afternoon in the forest. We went for a walk and E led us on this tiny little trail. She had so much fun climbing and jumping off rocks. Just being able to go for a walk anywhere is something I miss. We can't just go outside and 2 minutes later we are surrounded by trees at home (US home that is). Sure, there are parks, but it's not the same thing.
As we were walking we met some people walking the other way. My polite little daughter said "excuse me", which lead to smiles from the others. People here always smile when she opens her mouth. I guess they're not used to a 2½ year old speaking English.
I have to tell you about my latest find. It's a black broom with purple polka dots. Cleaning should be fun, right? (I also bought a matching dish brush.) Now I just have to fit it into the suitcase...
We're going swimming today. I'm excited for E since it'll be her first time on a waterslide. (Not so excited about fitting this constantly growing belly inte my regular bikini, but I refuse to buy a new swimsuit now that the swim season is pretty much over. I'll just put a tank top over it.)
No comments:
Post a Comment