Pages

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Trip home

It's 6am and, thanks to my daughter, I've been awake for 2 hours now. I already started a load of laundry and finished my menu for the next 2 weeks. I definitely need a nap today!

Yesterday I started processing all of the pictures I took in Sweden and will post them on FB shortly. We had such a wonderful trip. I blogged a little bit about it before and now I want to tell you about the flight back. During take off we played with stickers. And then E asked to go to sleep. I gave her some Zantac and milk first, then made it comfortable for her with pillows and blankets and she was out. For 2 hours. I thanked God the whole time for such a wonderful beginning of the flight. I got to watch most of a movie! (I missed the beginning and the very end, oh, well.) I also got to eat my dinner in peace. It was really good. We got bbq chicken and potato wedges. And a red currant/rose hip dessert. So yummy! When E woke up she asked for food and she got pasta with a meat sauce. She ate a lot! Then the activities began... I normally love flying. Just sitting there watching movies and getting waited on. I guess that won't happen again for a few more years. Now I have to entertain the whole time. It's quite exhausting actually. But at least it makes for a happy kid. Here are some of the things we did:
  • sticker books
  • cling ons (the stickers you can move)
  • lego
  • play dough
  • coloring
  • peeling crayons (kept her attention for a long time)
  • books
  • a variety of small toys
  • going for walks
  • a few pieces of chocolate (not too much candy. you don't want a sugared up kid on a plane)
  • dvd's
Towards the end she wanted to rest again. And then it was time to land. We had to circle around for a little bit b/c there was a lot of traffic in the air. This is when the turbulence started. And it kept going as we went down for landing. It normally doesn't bother me, but this time it was no fun! It made E throw up a bunch and we couldn't get any help from the flight attendants b/c we were landing and then everybody got up and we were stuck in our seats. The kind people in front and back of me handed me tissues and napkins so that I could wipe my hands (I tried to catch the puke as it came out, didn't work) and get the wet wipes out. I wiped up what I could and got E undressed. Then we just had to wait for everyone to get off the plane so we could get new clothes out and bag everything. We were the last ones off the plane, walking with the flight attendants and the pilot. I was sure we would have to wait for a long time in passport control, but I guess most people already went through by the time we got there so we only had 2 people in front of us. Nice.

When we got home E got ALL of her toys out. I guess it was exciting to see them again after so long. I got to see my new kitchen. I love it! C did such a wonderful job. I used to be so frustrated with it, but now I smile every time I enter it.

Now all that is left to do is wash a lot of laundry and get back on eastern time. I wonder what will get done first...

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! So sorry E got sick at the end of the flight...sounds like you were prepared for (almost) anything!!
    I hope the transition time goes well...let me know when you're ready for a play date.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...