It's been a while since I blogged. But Baby H showed up a couple of weeks early so we've been busy (and tired!). All day Jan 2nd I thought I had braxton hicks. I have never had them so I assumed that's what it was. But they started to hurt more and more and come closer and closer together. When I called the doctor they told me to come to the hospital. I thought that was ridiculous so I waited until we put E down for the night. Some friends of ours showed up to stay at our place with her. Thanks T & D! We went to the hospital and it turned out that I was 5 cm dilated already. The doctor was as shocked as I was b/c apparently you shouldn't be as calm as I was. And then again things happened very fast. I had to pee and right after that 5 cm had turned into 9 cm. So again no time for an epidural so it was another natural delivery. The doctor was delivering another baby so I got the midwife (I didn't like her). I asked how long it would be before I could start pushing and they told me I could push whenever I wanted to. Thanks for letting me know! I pushed for about 45 min, but I think I only pushed really hard for the last 10 to 15 minutes. Baby H was born on Jan 3rd at 26 minutes after midnight. She was 6 lbs and 19". Pretty much the same as E when she was born. I guess my body doesn't like babies when they get to 6 lbs and pushes them out no matter how far along I am.
Baby H is 3 weeks old today and we are all doing fine. E loves her and wants to hold her all the time. "I carry it", she says. I am so thankful that she is so excited about the baby and doesn't mind the new addition at all. Not that we don't see a difference in her. She is testing us a bit more these days to see if anything else has changed, like the rules. But no, sorry kid! =)
There are so many things I could write about, but that will have to wait (hopefully not another 3 weeks) b/c I have to go feed the baby now.
No comments:
Post a Comment