Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

She said...

One day, shortly after we brought baby H home, I walked into the livingroom and found E sitting on the couch with her shirt pulled up and she was smearing something all over her belly, her chest, her face... you name it. She looked up at me and said: " I like nipple cream, mamma!"

Background info for the next three:
I try to speak Swedish with E as much as I can and sometimes she looks a bit confused because she knows a word in one languages and now she hears it in another. So we started telling her that daddy says this and mamma says that. Lately she has been very interested in finding out how we both say something, which has caused some funny moments...

I was cutting up some ham and told E that daddy says ham and mamma says skinka.
E: "Daddy says ham, mamma says skinka, E says meat."

Chris was drinking tea from his travel mug.

E: "Daddy says coffee, mamma says tea."


I was making a Swedish meal for dinner, fläskpannkaka. E tried to say it. I think she wanted to figure out an easier way to say it so she looked at me and said: "What's daddy say?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...