Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

May 26th so far

We had so much fun outside today, E and I. We played with her water table and got soaked. It started out with us spraying water at each other, but the new water guns sucked! So then we started throwing water at each other and it ended with me putting her in the water table. She loved it! She called it "a great, little pool". I can't wait for C to open up the real pool.
We try to get out during H's first nap since it's a long one and it's not too hot out yet. Yesterday we swept the car port, drew with chalk and made a new hopscotch. Yesterday's snack was watermelon and today we made a fruit salad of apples, pears, mandarin oranges, raisins and craisins.

E had pb&j for lunch today, with green beans. I made myself a Wasa cracker with hummus and put Kalles Kaviar on another cracker. I boiled an egg to slice and put on top of that cracker. But before the egg was done my helpful little E put the two crackers together and made me a sandwich. If you don't know what Kalles kaviar is I'll tell you, it's a salty pastelike spread made from fish eggs and it comes in a tube. I use it instead of salt on eggs. Not the best thing to combine with hummus.

We are on our third day without daddy. We miss him and can't wait for him to get back in a couple of days but so far we're doing great. I would have to say that the hardest thing is bedtime. And not the kids bedtime, but mine. It's so hard to go to bed alone!

Last night E woke up a few times. I think she was hot. We have to put in her a/c soon. Then she woke up at 6:30. Way too early even if she sleeps great. She came into the bedroom, grabbed my robe, put it on the floor and fell asleep on top of it and slept there for over an hour.

H is doing great. We're trying to move her to a 3 naps a day instead of 4 and we're starting to get there. Her morning nap is longer which is great for when we're home playing outside. We can just bring the monitor with us and stay outside a little bit longer. It's a bit more challenging on days we have to leave the house. Her second nap is usually the shortest one and the third one is pretty long.

One more thing before I sign out... Grattis på födelsedagen, Östen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...