C is away on another business trip. When he went two weeks ago E was doing great. This time she's more of a challenge. Especially today. This was definitely a day of discipline. But it was also a day of fun. Yesterday she asked me for a birthday party and I though she meant a pretend one so I said ok and sat down on the floor ready to play pretend. She was pretty upset when she realized I wasn't going to drive her to the "birthday house" (church fellowship hall). I promised her that if it rained today we would make a birthday cake. And since it rained we made a gooey coconut chocolate cake. And then I remembered that H doesn't appreciate it when I eat chocolate. Oh, well... We also played a birthday memory game, hiding those little birthday cake candle holders that look like flowers under party hats and matching them up just like a memory game. Yeah, I know, it doesn't sound very exciting, but E enjoyed it.
H has been eating a lot for the past two days, waking up crying for food. I don't know if it's a growth spurt or if she needs solid food. She is 5 months old and that's when I started E on solids, but I really wanted to wait another month. We'll see how things go for a few more days. We've been out and about so much these past few days too so her sleeping schedule is a little bit off. That could be it too. We finally had a day at home today and she slept great for her first two naps. The third one she woke up early from and wanted to eat. Not sure if she woke from hunger though or just because someone (not me or E) was being loud.
Tonight, after I put the girls to bed I finally had some time to put together a bunch of things I need to ship to different people around the world. Hopefully we can make it to the post office tomorrow and hopefully they'll accept my boxes. I just used E's old shoe boxes, covered up the top with a piece of white paper from the printer where I wrote the address, but I didn't cover the rest of the box. It should still be ok, right? If they say something maybe I can argue that recycling is good for the environment =)
No comments:
Post a Comment