I just thought I would sneak in here a couple of minutes while H is asleep in her bed and E is playing on my phone in her bed. I wanted to write down a couple of things my husband does that I tend to take for granted. You know, all the things that he always does or are mostly his chores.
He sets his alarm early each morning to get up before anyone else is awake so he can be at work on time. Without him doing that I wouldn't be able to stay home with our children. I used to work with kids and really enjoyed it, but I love staying home with E and H. I'm so blessed to be able to do that.
We also own an apartment building and although I say we're not always enjoying the burden it sometimes can be to be landlords my husband definitely pulls the heavy load there. He's fixing things when they break, upgrading things that are old, taking care of things when our tenants have a problem etc.
He also does all these things and more in our place.
He takes out the garbage. Let's face it. It's smelly (think diapers) and heavy. Gross. And I don't have to do it. =)
He mows the lawn. Both front and back. We have a pretty big backyard and we live in a place with plenty of sun and rain so it grows fast.
He makes sure the pool stays clean and warm so I can take the kids out there during these hot summer days. He does the work and I get to enjoy it. Not really fair, and I'm thankful.
He fills up my car with gas so I don't have to do that with the kids in the car.
He takes care of our finances. We talk about them and make decisions together but he's got the ultimate responsibility here and I know that sometimes that burden can get heavy.
He puts E to bed, doing the whole night time routine. It's a nice break for me at the end of each day.
There are so many things my husband does that I'm thankful for and these are only a few. Some of these I could do, and sometimes I do, but most of the time he takes care of them and that's just wonderful. Thanks C! I love you! You're a wonderful husband to me and father to our children!
He´s a wonderful son in law who does all those things for my daughter and grandkids.
ReplyDelete