I must admit that trying to find a new tenant for the vacant apartment was kind of discouraging, especially for C I would say since the financial burden falls heavier on him. It was however my task to set up showings and show the apartment to people. We had a few people call or email us after seeing it on craigslist and we set up appointments. Sadly I must say, most people today don't have the common courtesy to call if they can't make it. Two times out of three I waited for people to show up, just to realize that I just wasted 45 minutes of time I could have spent with my beautiful family. Some people did show up and we got our hopes up but never received an application back from them. One night as C was setting up all the paint supplies so he could come home after work the next day and start painting he said to me: "If I were to walk in here to look at the apartment I would look at the walls and ask if rent could be reduced for a month or two if we painted ourselves." (He is very handy and can fix most things around here, but he finds painting rather boring so I think it was some wishful thinking on his part.) The next day I had a showing and before I let them into the apartment I warned them about the walls, explaining that our last tenants painted them and their choice of colors were a little all over the place. Before I finished my sentence the guy said: "I was going to mention to you that I am a painter and I would be willing to paint if the security deposit or rent could be reduced." We signed a lease with them the day before yesterday and he started painting yesterday. Raise your hand if you think the Lord was eavesdropping... =)
Philippians 4:19
And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7
Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
Matthew 6:31-33
So don't worry about these things, saying, 'What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?' These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.
1 Peter 5:7
Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.
*raising my right hand!*
ReplyDeletepraise the Lord!
so glad for you!