Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2009

appointments (E update again)

First we had an appointment with E's asthma doctor. Since she's been doing great for a long time now he wants to try taking her off the daily Pulmicort - Yay! I really hope it will work. We will start trying May 1st. (Of course, at any sign of a cold she would need to go back on the higher dose of Pulmicort, but at least it wouldn't be permanent.)

Second we had an appointment with an orthopedic doctor. E got another X-ray. It still didn't show anything, but the doctor said that sometimes the cracks don't show up on an X-ray and her elbow is really bruised so they are treating it as a fracture. She got a splint and a follow up appointment next week. I'll let you know how that goes. Pray for good news and no more falls. =)

4 comments:

  1. Great news about the asthma...but so sorry to hear she has a cast for her arm!!! Good for you to keep pursuing the issue...you're such a good mama!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I didn't have much choice. She fell on the same arm again yesterday. She was doing a lot better and after the second fall she couldn't straighten it out so her pediatrician called the orthopedic place to set up an appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that her arm is still sore. Your story is so similar in ways to ours with Shane, except that Shane's fracture showed up on the x-ray. It's hard to see them in the casts, but they seem to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, I haven't been online all week, so I had no clue about Ella! how sad! I know how much it breaks your heart to see your child in pain like that.With Brendan, they sent us away the first time after 2 doctors looked at the xrays, they both said there was no fracture. But then, a third doctor found the fracture... So they do miss it sometimes! Hope she starts to feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...