Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

food and family

Isn't it great when dinner is cheap, healthy and yummy all at the same time? Today's dinner was. We had butternut squash soup and pesto grilled cheese.
Soup: Sauté onions and garlic (I used half of a big onion and 2 small cloves of garlic) in EVOO. Add a chopped up butternut squash (3 cups according to the recipe), 3 cups of water and 2 cups of apple cider, kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for about 30 min. Use an immersion blender to make the soup smooth. Serve with some croutons (be careful of how many if you want to keep it healthy).
Sandwich: Well, it's like a regular grilled cheese, but you put pesto on the inside of the slices and tomato slices in between the cheese. I made my own pesto with parsley and almonds (b/c of tree nut allergies), parmesan cheese and EVOO. I skipped the garlic. And I used Arnold's whole wheat bread (no enriched flour). Again, the amount of cheese and butter can make or break the health factor.

E is playing in the background with her Little People. It's fun to listen to her make conversation between the dolls.
C is down in the basement prepping cabinet doors to paint.
H is sleeping I think, b/c she's not moving right now. That's right, H. I am pretty sure I'm letting C name the baby. Now we just need a middle name.

Well, I got to go. E didn't take a nap today so we're starting the night time routine a bit early tonight. But first I'm going to let her share something too. She is climbing all over me saying "letters, letters".

je7aabcdefghijklmnopqrstuuuuvwxyzabqrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
b++++++++++++++++++++++++1111111111111111111111111111§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§
§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§bbbbb
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyybbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

hey, did you see that she squeezed in the alphabet there all by herself!

2 comments:

  1. good job Ella-Bella, eller är det Ulla-Bella min sekreterare:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm your dinner sounds delicious! So baby H?? Ooooh how fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...