I went to the grocery store today to pick up a few things. I was prepared to be patient, knowing that the store would be packed this close to Thanksgiving. I did really good if I may say so myself. I was friendly and smiling at people, letting them take their time... and then it was time to pay. I looked at the lines and picked the shortest one. But as 4 people in the line next to me unpacked their groceries, payed and left, my patience left too. The lady in front of me had a lot of coupons. I don't mind coupons. I use them sometimes. But she had to tell the cashier the story about each and every item she had coupons for. She actually swore as she explained that she had to buy cookies from the bakery since she had a coupon. "No", I thought, "you didn't have to buy them. You chose to". And then some of her coupons didn't work so we had to wait for some other lady to come and explain to her that she needed to buy the brand that was mentioned on the coupon. Which made her confused she said... I don't think it was patience she saw in my face as she looked up at me as I was secretly wishing that my very patient child would scream bloody murder for once so that they would hurry up.
Well, I've learned from previous years to expect a crowded store before Thanksgiving and not to be upset because of it. Maybe next year I will smile at the lady in front of me taking her sweet time...
I'm the same way in line at the grocery store! I especially hate when the other lines are moving and it's the one line I chose that is slow....never fails to happen to me! I feel ya!
ReplyDelete