Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2009

I guess now's the time for it

Is it really supposed to be this easy? We didn't really have a plan for how and when we would take the pacifier away from E. We just knew we wanted to do it while she was still in her crib so it would have to happen this month. I was planning on doing it in October, but then she started potty training and we didn't want to have more than one big transition going on at a time. So we decided to hold off on the paci thing. She only wears a diaper when she sleeps now so I knew it was time for it, but I was dreading taking it away. But then yesterday it sort of just happened. We had a paci that needed to be thrown out b/c it had some cracks in it from her biting it so much. So I had her throw it out. And when bedtime came I hid the other one. She asked for her paci and I told her we threw it out. She asked for the other one and I showed her the empty basket where we used to store them and I told her it wasn't there. She didn't cry for it at all. And again at naptime today she asked for it. I reminded her that we threw out the broken one and I had to show her the basket a couple of times but she didn't cry for it. Sure, it takes her a little longer to fall asleep, but she'll get used to not having it soon enough. I just keep holding my breath, waiting for that "crying for an hour until she falls asleep exhausted" thing I've heard about. I am nervously waiting for it to come and praying and hoping that it won't. So far it is going great and I keep thanking God for it and also praying that she won't miss her "napp" too much. (B/c I must admit too that it is breaking my heart in a small way that I have to take away something she is so attached to. But I know it's what's best for her.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...