12/19
I love my husband. I just put E to bed and I'm sitting here by the window and I can see him shoveling snow outside. He's working so hard. There's a lot of snow out there, and it just keeps falling... It's so pretty. I love the beginning of winter, before you get tired of the cold, dark days and the snow that just won't stop falling. That usually happens to me mid January. But right now it's just pretty and beautiful. I hope to take E out in the backyard tomorrow to play.
12/17
Can't get into it here to much, but I can say this: If you want to "borrow" things from us you better call us first and ask us. Not just take it. Especially since we're not buddies. Our relationship is more of a business type.
12/16
I woke up to the sound of flatware falling on the floor. I knew C was already on his way to work and so I was wondering how they could just fall all by themselves. They can't! I opened the bedroom door and saw a big, fat, gray squirrel under the kitchen table. I quickly closed the door and called C. He kept asking how it got in. Like I cared right then and there... I just wanted to know how to get it out. He told me to open the back door. As I walked to the door the squirrel jumped the other way right into the room with all the boxes we still haven't unpacked since we moved. It snuck all the way to the back corner and I could not get it out. I opened up a window and built a nice set of stairs for it with some of the boxes. I guess he got offended by that. Like he couldn't just jump that high if he really wanted to. So he stayed in his corner. I called the local police and they gave me the number to Animal Control Center and as they, 10 minutes later, moved the boxes around to get to him he jumped out the window. Not sure if he used my stairs or not. I spent the rest of the day cleaning and disinfecting, but still felt like I had squirrel germs everywhere. (I think the stuff I vacuumed up from the corner was squirrel droppings, but I'm not sure since I don't come across that very often.)
12/12
Woke up with no power after an ice storm. It was beautiful outside and quickly getting pretty cold inside. E and I spent the day with R and her boys while C and J installed a generator at our house. They worked so hard. I love my husband who does so much for us and I'm very thankful for our friends for taking us in and feeding us and keeping us warm and helping us out. C and the guys spent the next day chopping up some trees that fell in our and our neighbor's back yard. Thanks guys! Later that day the power came back. Nice! (Not that I can complain too much when we have a generator to give us heat and some light, and our stove and water runs on gas. But still... nice!)
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment