I went to a bridal shower in S yesterday. I left 45 min. before it started, thinking that would be plenty of time. Well, it wasn't. The main road was closed off due to a parade, no detour signs, there was a festival going on so tons of cars. My plan was to find a parking spot near the restaurant since I had a pretty big load of presents for the bride-to-be and for her sister-in-law who just had a baby. Well, I realized that it wasn't about finding a parking spot close by. It was about finding a parking spot. I actually found one in the second parking lot I tried. A car was leaving as we pulled in. I had no idea where we were, but it turned out to be not to far away from the restaurant. God is good! I loaded the stroller full with gifts and bags, the diaper bag didn't fit so I had to carry that. I put a monkey harness on E and we started walking. On our way to the restaurant we passed the bride-to-be. Oh, no! It said on the invitation that the shower was a surprise. I looked away, hoping she wouldn't recognize me and then I called her mom saying I might have blown the surprise. Luckily she already knew about it. And when we got to the restaurant she said, I thought it was you.
Ella did really good. She cried twice. Once b/c she fell and once b/c I tried to put her in a high chair when she was perfectly happy in my lap. Other than that she did fine and was really cute in her new dress.
I left the party early, but later than I had planned, 10 minutes after E's naptime. And as we left the parade ended so we had to fight all the people walking and traffic leaving at the same time as us. It took a while to get home. E got her milk and then she fell asleep. I went out to the pool to walk aroud in it as it was filling up. There's a lot more to say about that pool. But that's a story for another time.
No comments:
Post a Comment