Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Autumn Harvest Chili

So I made Rachael Ray's Autumn Harvest Chili last night. E helped. She always wants to help cook nowadays. It's fun! She washed veggies, peeled the onion (I sent her to wash her hands afterward and as I was drying my face off this morning I noticed that my towel smelled like onions), mixed spices, stirred, poured stuff etc. I probably wouldn't eat the veggie chili by itself. I prefer the meat kind. But served on top of the roasted butternut squash it was actually really good. I didn't put as much of the ancho chili stock in as the recipe calls for b/c of E and also b/c I get a wicked heartburn very easily right now. I also made sure to boil the chili at the end and not just simmer it for a little bit. I wanted to make sure the alcohol was completely gone. Well, if you clicked the link you probably saw a picture of what it was supposed to look like. Here is my picture - overflowing a little bit... =)

3 comments:

  1. Hej! Är du svensk som äger bloggen? :) Kikade in och din blogg verkar intressant! Ska läsa lite mer nu.

    /Malin

    ReplyDelete
  2. ja, jag är svensk, men bor i USA sen 7 år tillbaka (min man är amerikan).
    Så interessant vet jag väl inte om denna bloggen är, haha! Jag tycker om att skriva av mig... Kul att du hittat hit!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...