Pages

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Be yourself!

Today you are You,
that is truer than true.
There is no one alive
who is Youer than You.

-Dr. Seuss

I just read this and it made me think of a time a few years ago, when we sat in my friends' parents' kitchen, me and some of my dear old friends. I guess we had nothing to do and someone came up with the idea that we should describe each other with one word each. A lot has happened in my life since then. I got married, moved away from home and those dear old friends to another country, made new friends, had a kid... I wonder what words people would use to describe me today. Would any of the old words come up or will they all be new. I think that some of them still fit, they are still me, but maybe no one sees them anymore. Am I showing people who I really am, or am I trying too hard to adjust to the role I assume other people think I should play? Am I making any sense?

Ok, I got a bit deep there. Who would have known that Dr Seuss would trigger all that. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...