Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

the mute button

E uses one (mostly just in her crib). A green one. A pacifier. I know that one day I have to break her from it and I'm not looking forward to that process, but we decided that that moment hasn't come yet. We want her to talk more before it's time to put it away, so that she can express herself better and also understand us more. But here's the problem... her 2 year molars that are coming in. She chews through her pacifiers all the time and at first I thought that maybe this would be a good way of ending the need for one, letting her keep the broken ones and realize that she no longer likes them. But that's probably not a smart option since little, green rubber pieces are most certainly a choking hazard. Not sure what to do.

2 comments:

  1. This would be a good question for the MOPS FB group discussion board. :) My kids have never taken to pacifiers, but Shane is VERY attached to the bottle, and I am having a hard time breaking him of the habit. The other day, he was telling me his nipple was leaking and it had a HUGE slit in it where he bit it, so the time has definitely come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the pink version of this paci. It's a lot thicker. The green one is for newborns and the pink is from 3 months old, but I always thought is was too hard so we kept using the green ones. So far no holes in the pink one, but we are only on day 2...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...