Pages

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Apples

So here are a few ideas I found for my first week of my fall curriculum. We will discuss apples and creation.

Yummy: apples raw, apple sauce, make fruit leather from the apple sauce, pie, juice...
Crafts: Cutting an apple in half (both ways) stamping with yellow, red and green (these will be the colors we work on this week), finger painting with apple sauce, finger painting with red, green and yellow on a paper plate, adding a stem and leaf (and possibly a worm) to make an apple, glue paper apples to a paper tree
Activities: read apple books, nursery rhymes, field trip to the apple orchard, sorting our apples by color, count them, plant seeds, A is for Apple, crawling like a worm, shape this week: circle
Bible: read about creation from a kids bible, verse of the week: John 1:3 "God created all things", walk outside and name different things God created

There are so many things to do, but I think this will be plenty for us.
These are not all my ideas. Most of them I
found by googling apple activities for toddlers.

3 comments:

  1. linda you are so creative..even though you googled these ideas...) How do you even come up with the idea of having a curriclum>? Its like school......at home for 2 year olds. good stuff.
    seems like lots of work. specially on days where you feel really lazy and tired.
    but anyway....i would love to get together with you guys to do someo fthis stuff! fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, I love to plan this kind of stuff. I guess it's the teacher in me. And I figured I would need something to do when we can't spend all day in the pool anymore. Feel free to join us anytime =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did some fun apple stuff last year, and it was my favorite thing, I think. We read 10 apples up on top. Then, Ian drew a picture of his face, and we cut and pasted 10 apples (#'d 1-10) on the head he drew. So fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...