Yes, I love to plan! I usually post things like meal plans or cleaning lists or such. And right now I should probably be planning a packing list for Sweden since we leave in less than 2 weeks. I actually have to plan a shopping list too since we need fall clothes when we go and all we have are summer clothes. But that actually made me think about when we come back. Summer here will be coming to an end and my favorite time of year, fall, will be on it's way. Which means no more "all morning long" in the pool and that means we have to come up with other ways to fill our days. Sure, we will still have cleaning (unfortunately), play dates, some running around to do and other outings, but I want to plan a weekly theme curriculum + a daily schedule for the days we spend at home. So far I've done a lot of online research and I want our daily routine to include:
calendar, weather, songs/nursery rhymes, story/Bible story, Bible verse
art project
theme related activities
letter/number activities
outdoor time (or music-movement when we can't go outside)
and of course free play
I'm not sure when exactly we will start this. We get back at the end of September and will need a few days to unpack and deal with jet lag. But as far as themes go I'm thinking fall ones to start with... apples, leaves, pumpkins and once we hit November we will work on Thanksgiving obviously, but also family. I will probably try and tie this together with Creation, throw in a few numbers, letters, shapes and colors and then blog about how much harder it is to follow a schedule at home with just one child than having a room full of children at school or daycare. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment