Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

kids-talk

As I was packing today I found a piece of paper from my first year at the daycare. I used to write down some of the funny things the kids said so I could share it with their parents. And now I can share it here on my blog. (The names are fictional, of course.)

ADAM: "Miss Swamerica, you're getting better at coloring by every minute."

Adam and Bo are playing a boardgame. Bo wins.
ADAM: "Bo beat me up."

CARL: (to me) "You should be in my family because it's a nice family."

ADAM: "Girls never toot. Only girls can burp."
BO: "Miss Swamerica never toots."

DANIEL: "This is the biggest, this is the smallest and this is the mediumest."

ERIC: (tries to comfort me in the wintertime) "Once you get use to the snow it'll be fine."
(the other teachers found this very funny considering I grew up in Sweden.)

ERIC: "I'm actually getting kind of confused."

ADAM: "Excuse me, I can't get this open."
MISS FIONA: (tries to teach him how to ask for help) "Can you help me, please?"
ADAM: "Sure!"

ERIC: (playing cards) "Do you wonder what I've got up my sleeves?"

BO: "Did Daniel leave?"
ME: "Yes, his grandma picked him up."
GEORGE: "His beautiful grandma!"

Hannah and Ivy are repeating a line from a movie, over and over again.
ADAM: "Can you stop saying that?! It's getting on my nerves."

I'm looking for a sharpie that I alway keep in my purse. I can't find it.
ME: "It must be in my other purse."
ERIC: "How many purses do you have? My mom has two."

Jenny and Daniel are talking.
JENNY: "That's funny!"
DANIEL: "I know. I crack people up all the time."
JENNY: "Crack me up!"
DANIEL: "I don't feel like it right now."

Eric and George are playing.
ERIC: "That's not fair."
GEORGE: "Life isn't always fair."
ERIC: "Well, it should be!"

KEN: "Bo and Ivy sitting in a tree, H-I-S-S-I-N-G!"
MISS LAURA: What does that spell?"
KEN: "Hugging!"

On her way out Miss Laura takes out the garbage.
GEORGE: "She took out the trash!"
KEN: "Yeah! That's what teachers do."
GEORGE: "Eww!"
(Yeah, that's why I spent 5 years in college. To take out garbage.)

Miss Maggie is reading a book about monsters. The book says "Never enter a subway with teeth."
IVY: "I want subway for lunch."

ERIC: "I'm a little sick today. I have the sneeze, the cough and the boogers."

MISS MAGGIE: "Where did you get a haircut? At the mall?
ADAM: "No, at a short store."

Miss Fiona and Eric began playing Tic Tac Toe.
ERIC: "Are you going to go easy on me or something?"

I'm looking through a cookbook for children. (This was before I had my daughter.)
ME: "I love this book. I want it and I want children."
GEORGE: "You do have kids. You have us."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...