Pages

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Dish soap update

E seemed fine after her nap. She had a snack and then we played a little. She was wheezing a bit so I gave her a dose of Xopenex and then we met C at Panera Bread. Mmmmm!!! On the way home we stopped at Walmart and that's when C noticed a rash on E's arms and back. We took her to urgent care right away. The rash was getting worse right before our eyes. The doctor gave her a big dose of Benadryl, which we should give her every 6-8 hours. The Zantac we give her 3 times a day should help too. Her heart rate was way up and we didn't even see her calm down from the medicine. The rash didn't go away, but it stopped spreading.

I don't know if the rash had anything to do with the dish soap from earlier today. It seems weird that the reaction would be so delayed. But she didn't eat anything she hasn't had before. Maybe the soap reacted with the food? I don't know. We just pray that the rash will be gone by tomorrow and that she will be ok.

I have to contact her allergist to set up an appointment to get her tested for food allergies. Hopefully they can do that on her next follow-up so I don't have to take her there twice.

It's time for bed, but first I'm going to check on E to make sure she's breathing. Paranoid, yes. But it's just been one of those days...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...