Pages

Friday, November 7, 2008

holding an angel

Tonight made me think of when E was little, very little, and her reflux was really bad. She had to sleep in her carseat to be elevated. She slept OK in there, but she could not fall asleep there at night (in the car she would, but not in the bedroom). I guess I would have a problem falling asleep too if I was basically sitting up and not being able to move. Anyways... because of this I used to sit with her and sing to her until she fell asleep in my arms. A sleeping baby in your arms is one of the best feelings in the world! But I must say that I'm glad that the reflux is under control and that she loves her crib. As soon as we walk in to her room at night she leans towards the crib and I put her down, we pray and she goes to sleep. It's nice that she falls asleep on her own. But every once in a while we have a rough night. Usually because she's not feeling well. That was the case tonight. As soon as we walked out of her room she would cry. She would not stop and it would sound like she had trouble breathing. So I sat down with her on the couch like old times. And after awhile she fell asleep in my arms. I would not want this to be an every night thing, but I sure do enjoy having my little angel sleeping in my arms every now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...