Me: Should I cook tonight or should we go out for dinner? (hoping he would say "go out" b/c I didn't feel like cooking)
C: Lets go out. (pause) We haven't had pizza in forever. I'm feeling pizza deprived.
Me: Can we go to a pizza place where we can sit down? (I was looking for a pizzeria with tables, not a regular restaurant that serves pizza too.)
C: We don't have that many of them around here. Wait, there is ... (I don't know if I'm allowed to slam their name here)
So we went there...
Me: Are they even open? It looks dark. Their sign isn't lit.
C: Drive closer so I can see if they're open.
I did. I had to park right outside their door to realize that, yes, they were open. We went inside and sat down. C got the chair and I got the bench seat. It was broken. I had to balance on the frame part or almost fall through the seat. C offered to have us moved to a different table, but I said I was ok. We looked at our menus and debated if we should order from the salad bar.
C: It's too much. $3.99 per person. (that's what it said in his menu)
Me: No, it's $2.99 or $1.49 if we order it with a combo. (that's what my menu said)
C: Let's order from your menu.
Before we ordered I went to look at the salad bar to see what they offered. Some of the colors seemed a bit off so I decided no salad bar.
Waitress: What would you like?
Me: We'll have the combo #1 with meatballs. (Medium pizza, one topping, 5 breadsticks)
C: Can we get stuffed crust?
W: That's only available on a large pizza.
Me: Ok, we'll take the #2 combo instead. (large, one topping 10 breadsticks)
We waited for forever. Got plates. Waited for a lot longer. Got breadsticks. Ate half of them. E loves to dip anything.
W: I'm sorry. The meatballs were frozen so they made if with beef instead. Would you like that pizza or should I have them defrost the meatballs and make another one? If you take the beef pizza I can get you 20% off.
Since we had already waited for so long and was out with a toddler we decided to try the beef pizza. The discount was nice too. But first we asked what she meant by beef.
W: It's not ground beef. It's kind of like little mini meatballs. (aren't meatballs made of ground meat?)
We got the pizza and C tasted it first.
C: It's not that good.
I tasted it. And spit it out. It was gross!!! C asked them to make us a pepperoni one instead. I asked them to put it in a box to go. (hey, we had already spent way to much time there. If you have a toddler you know what I mean) We ate the rest of the breadsticks. C payed the bill and after awhile we got the pizzas. That's right, pizzaS.
W: They made another mistake. First they made a medium (here she lifts the top to take a look) half pepperoni, half cheese. So then they made a large half pepperoni, half meatballs.
Conclusion: We waited a lot. They messed up. The waitress was nice, but worked with some incompetent people. We ate breadsticks. We got to bring home way more pizza than we ordered and payed for. We still got our 20% discount.
We went home and I cooked some mixed veggies for E. White, salty bread with sauce isn't my idea of a great dinner for her.
Try Venezia's. It is the best pizza around and their pizza is so yummy. It is in Clifton Park on Plank Road, I think. We go there all of the time.
ReplyDeletethanks, we have to try that
ReplyDelete