My farfar (paternal grandfather) passed away this past week. He fell on a chair, broke a couple of ribs and punctured a lung. The air spread throughout his body and he suffocated. This happened on his anniversary, the day before his birthday.
It feels weird writing this down. To see it in print. Yes, this is the last thing that happened to my farfar, but that's all it is... the ending of his life here on earth.
Before the ending there was so much more. Here are a few random things I remember...
- His laughter.
- He called me "snäckan" sometimes. (I'm pretty sure he said that to all of his granddaughters and others too.)
- The summer cabin. We had some fun summers and Christmases there. (I could write a whole book about that. So many fun childhood memories.)
- His wavy hair.
- He cried at my wedding.
- He was always so happy to see me.
- He traveled a lot when I was younger.
- His voice.
I was looking through my scrapbooks and found this picture of him. I think it's from 1991.
Farfar... Jag älskar dig och saknar dig! Kram!
~L
No comments:
Post a Comment