Pages

Friday, May 15, 2009

Bye bye Bubbles

E has been on Pulmicort since she was just a little baby. It started with four times a day + Xopenex twice a day. That's a lot of nebulizer for a baby. She has not needed the Xopenex (her emergency medicine) in a long time, and she has only gotten Pulmicort in the morning so the doctor suggested that we (or asked if I wanted to) try to take her off the Pulmicort. Yay! It would be great if she doesn't need it every day. A huge blessing. But I must admit that I am nervous. I am nervous for three reasons and I have to write them down or I will just keep thinking about them (my main reason for blogging).
  1. What if her asthma gets worse? What if she really needs the Pulmicort? I don't want her to need the Xopenex a lot. (I know, this is why we're trying it. Still makes me nervous.)
  2. Both C and I have really bad seasonal allergies. E hasn't shown any symptoms of that. I really hope that she won't develop allergies, but the active ingredient in Pulmicort is the same one that is in my allergy medicine so she has been protected up until now.
  3. It's part of our morning routine. A ridiculous reason compared to the others, but this is the morning routine she's known most of her life, all of what she can remember. When she wakes up in the morning she asks for a diaper change and for Bubbles (the name of the nebulizer mask). What am I supposed to do now? Give her breakfast right away? (Don't laugh at me. I don't know.) I was able to distract her from Bubbles this morning with the promise of going to the slide, and I gave her breakfast right away. It took forever to get her to start eating.
I will keep you updated on this. Please pray for no allergies, no asthma attacks and finding a new morning routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...