Pages

Friday, May 8, 2009

Shopping & eating

Today:
I went to the mall and bought three tops, one zippered hoodie and a pair of shorts. If you have or used to have a two year old you know it's not fun to stroll around in stores, looking for something you want to buy for yourself and then spend time in the fitting room trying to decide if you like it. But today I was alone. ALONE! Say it with me... alooooooone! C has every other Friday off so he took her to Home Depot while I went on my little shopping spree. Shopping hasn't been this fun in a long time. Later we met up at a cozy coffee shop where I had an apple danish and an Italian soda. Yum! (I realized when I got back home that that was my breakfast. I must have been so exited about my alone time this morning that I forgot to eat. And I NEVER miss my breakfast.) I remember thinking, while we were at the coffee shop, that it was so nice and relaxing to sit there with my little family that I wished someone would take a picture of us so I could put that moment in a scrapbook. When we got home E and I spent some time drawing with sidewalk chalk in the carport. I had a perfect morning!


Yesterday:
I just have to mention something about dinner last night. I wanted to make something quick and easy and decided to make hot dogs and mac & cheese from a box. C looked at the mac & cheese and asked me what it was. I told him, and had to add, "It's whole wheat". "What's wrong with processed food", he asked with a smile? I must admit I normally enjoy whole wheat pasta and so does he but this wasn't very good. Or as C said: "It's not Kraft". Then he took a bite of the hot dog and asked what kind it was. I told him it was organic. (I figured I could at least try to make this meal healthy.) He said it was chewy. At least he didn't mind the whole wheat rolls. They were pretty good. I told him that the broccoli was just regular broccoli, not organic or anything special. He could have some of that. His reply... "At my age you don't have to eat broccoli". Guess what we're having for dinner tonight... leftovers! =) Hey, there's plenty left and I'm not throwing it out. I'm Swedish - just add ketchup!

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Mac & Cheese with Hot Dogs & Broccoli?!! That's a favorite at our house! :) Thanks for helping me not to feel so very guilty about not trying to make it healthy. :)

    Also, after reading your status on FB earlier, I was inspired to go shopping ALONE myself! :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you found something nice! And as for the food... next time the only healthy thing in that meal will be the rolls. They were pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. at least you tried to make it healthy...we do hot dogs and mac and cheese (the not so healthy kind) when i'm out in an evening. the kids LOVE it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...