Pages

Monday, March 30, 2009

E update

When we came home last night E got her milk, her zantac and some tylenol, but she did not want us to leave her in her crib even though she was sooo tired. So I left her door a little bit open and she quieted down and went straight to sleep. She woke up in the middle of the night, in pain. Did not want to stay in her crib so I brought her to bed with me and C opted for the couch, but first he gave her some motrin. She never falls asleep in our bed. Normally she snuggles for a little while before she decides it's time to play. That is when we normally bring her back to her bed and let her cry it out (which only takes a few minutes). But last night, after she finally got comfortable, she fell asleep between our pillows. I can't sleep very well with her next to me and I really like to have her "behind bars" when she wakes up in the morning so I brought her back to the crib. When she woke up this morning she was still in pain. All day today she has been walking, running, jumping around holding her left hand in her right, as if to protect it. And when she did try to use it, it would hurt and she would say "owie, owie". She has been doing pretty well considering, but compared to normal she has been cranky, or maybe more like sad. It's good that patience increases with empathy.
She is sleeping soundly now, and I hope she will sleep through the night. And I pray that her arm will feel a lot better tomorrow. It breaks my heart to see her in pain.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry E has an owie arm!! Poor little thing! I hope she's feeling as good as new soon...gentle hugs to her from KBH!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...