Pages

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Letting go

Around 11:30 pm is when it starts every night. I'm talking about E's night terror attacks. I just took care of one, not as bad tonight though. Probably b/c we started the "special stop the night terror" night routines tonight. After she calmed down I went back to bed but I'm wide awake now. And I got this image in my head that I can't seem to shake. So that brings me here... to write it down so I can get it out of my head. That's how I work. I have to write things down. It helps me understand, learn, hear things better... Anyways... here's my little image (or whatever I should call it):
I was walking around, carrying my burdens on an old yoke. It had all the things in it that I just couldn't stop worrying about or that I was so concerned about. And Psalm 55:22 says “Cast your burden on the LORD, and He shall sustain you...” So I walked up to the Lord. I didn't really see Him, but I was on a beach with lots of oval, smooth rocks. (I can explain that one but I'm not going to chase that rabbit right now.) I put down my yoke in front of Him thinking "Oh this is nice. Now I don't have to worry about this anymore". And as I was about to walk away I picked up the yoke again. It's not easy to let go of concerns. So I went back and tried again. It still didn't work. So I started thinking... "I have to put them in His arms. He is strong and will not let me walk away with them". Ha! I walked away and was still carrying my old yoke. I just couldn't let it go. And I remember thinking... "But this wasn't suppose to happen. God is stronger than me". But if I'm still pulling on one end He's not going to pull on the other like it's some tug of war. I have to let go, cast my burdens. I can't ask Him to take care of it and then keep worrying. That's lack of trust. Why is it so hard to let go and let God? I guess b/c I think I'm in control. Hmmm.
OK. I wrote it down. Back to bed...

2 comments:

  1. My oldest used to have night terrors at the age too, especially if it was too hot in his room...that seemed to make it worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should try to make her room cooler then. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...