WARNING!!! If you're sensitive you should not keep reading.
We had just had a wonderful dinner at a popular steakhouse and was sitting in the car in the driveway trying to take a left when we heard a "thunk", as C describes it. I look up and there in the middle of the busy road lies a dog. C and I get out of the van and he walks over to the dog and calls 911. I'm standing in the middle of the road waving to the cars to stop. (E is watching the Wiggles in the van.) The cops show up really fast, and C tells them what happened, about the truck that just hit the dog and took off. The dog tries to stand up but tips right over. It's in pain and shivering from the cold. It tries again and as it turns its side to me I see the wounds... big, round, red flesh wounds. The dog walks over to the curb side and dad tries to block it from walking back out on the street again. Then the adrenalin kicks in and it takes off towards the parking lot. That's the last that we saw of it. Lots of policemen were showing up and they were watching the dog, waiting for animal control to show up.
I'm not very sensitive when it comes to someone telling me about things like this. I feel bad for the animal, but it doesn't haunt me or anything. Seeing it though was totally different. I think at one point I squealed as the dog fell over and landed on his wounds and it was hard holding back the tears as we drove home.
No comments:
Post a Comment