Pages

Saturday, September 6, 2008

garage sale

Today was the city wide garage sale here in M. It was a rainy day so I don't know if I would call the 5 or so places we found city wide. But we still managed to find a couple of things for E. One of them was a sit and spin for $2. I didn't know exactly how it worked and when I asked I got this question for an answer: "Don't you remember sitting and spinning on one of these when you grew up?" Hmmm... I didn't know that the sit and spin have been around for that long. I saw my first one about a year ago and thought, hm pretty cool, new toy. So I explained to the lady that I didn't grow up in this country. I guess my accent wasn't too obvious today. (Eller så var hon bara så typiskt amerikansk att hon tog för givet att resten av världen fungerar precis som den gör här - en ganska vanlig amerikansk föreställning, vanligare än du kan tänka dig.) Sorry, if you didn't understand that. I didn't want to offend you b/c I didn't mean anything bad, but the written word lacks a tone of voice that makes it very easy to misinterpret.

My husband worked around the house today and got alot accomplished. He did a great job, especially with the roman shades. They came out great! Now it's movie, pop corn and snuggle time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...