Pages

Monday, September 8, 2008

update on my mom

I talked to A today and got an update on my mom's surgery and her condition. Like I wrote before they did go in through the groin area and all the way up to her head. But they also had to open up her head, so they shaved off part of her hair, above her left eye. When I was told all I could think of was that now she could get some real use out of all her scarves, and I almost started laughing. But I controlled myself. Not the best place to laugh... "they opened up her head too" - ha ha ha!
I was told that the aneurysm was located on a pulsating blood vessel, but it has been taken care of. She's still under observation at the hospital in L, but they might be able to transfer her back to V in about a week. She will probably have to stay there for at least two weeks. The blood that leaked out is still in her head, causing a bad headache and the doctors can't give an answer as to how long it takes for the body to filter it out.

She's out of the ICU and has her own phone now so I got to talk to her today. I don't know if it was a bad connection or if it was just her being groggy, but it was a little hard to have a conversation with her, but it was still great to hear her voice. I put her on speaker phone so E got to talk to her too.

Krya på dig mamma!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...