We came home from an evening at the mall with the M's where we had a really good time. We stayed a little too long so E didn't get her bath like she was supposed to. Her hair will be somewhat stinky tomorrow at church, but so what. She got to have tons of fun tonight.
Here's our not so pleasant surprise: The upstairs shower and bathroom sink is leaking down into our apartment. We discovered that when we walked through our door when we got home and our shoe shelf was wet. C is working on it right now. I feel so bad. It's late and he could really use some rest. The problem won't be fixed tonight though. He will patch it up the best he can for right now. Then we just have to pray that it will be good enough for a week since he leaves for a business trip Monday. Please pray for us that nothing happens while he's away.
So when he comes back from an exhausting 12 hour a day week long business trip he's going to have to deal with this problem. Time consuming and expensive. Is it ever going to stop? Or at least calm down?
The Bible tells us in everything give thanks. Wow is that hard sometimes. But I am thankful. Thankful that the leak is dripping, not gushing. Thankful that I have a wonderful and handy husband. Thankful that E is too young to understand what's going on. Thankful that we have a place to call home, that our problems are, how do I describe them, western world problems. Thankful that I have a God who always takes care of us and carries us through the hard times.
No comments:
Post a Comment